Saturday, June 30, 2012

Life is way too short.

My friend Jessika died on June 27, 2012. It was such a shock. It really shook me up. When I first heard about it, I cried. I didn't expect my reaction to be what it was like. I obsessed over her death and I still can't stop thinking about it.

I went to her memorial service today and it was amazing. They had people get up and share stories about Jessika. It was very uplifting and although sad, it was a very awesome way to remember someone. I wish I would have thought about that when my dad died. I shared a story about when we were little and my parents had to go to the hospital. Jessika's mom picked me and my brother up and we went to their house. I was very worried about my dad. He had a lot of blood everywhere, but Jessika took my mind off of the matter. We talked about music and laughed and I will always remember that. Also, we always called each other "dudette" and we thought the fact that our parents worked at eBay was AWESOME!!! :)

We moved away from each other, but we had facebook to keep us in touch. When my dad died, she messaged me and told me to text her so we could talk and hang out. I never did. I regret that so much. I really would have texted her, but my life was so hectic and I was so depressed. I hope that she knows that I feel so bad about that. I will never, ever do that again. I will always keep in touch with all my friends and family. I was just going through a bad time. (I still am.)

I learned from this experience that you never know the effect someone has on you until they die. She taught me that life should be filled with color and fun. She was the nicest person and she would give you the shirt off of her back. The world lost a bit of light.

I like to think that my dad welcomed her into the spirit world. That he told her not to worry and that everything was going to be okay. I can really see that happening.

I don't like death. Death is bad for the people left on Earth. They have no worries in the Spirit World. Life is hard, but it is hard for a reason. And how we live it makes a difference.

Thanks for reading this post! I love you Dad and Grandpa and I love you Jessika!

No comments: